Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for those who have had swaps or are doing them, you know all the little set backs and demons that rear their heads and get you down. The light at the end of the tunnel seems to be a train.

Well Crewcab59 held the shut off selenoid open and I cranked and the 4B came to life. It was a good boost for morale.

And....it was smooth. I bought a pair of fluid mounts and my motor may be internally balanced (per Fleetguard where I aquired it). There was NO jostling on shartup or SHUTDOWN!!!!!!!!! It was like a gas motor no joke.

Anyway, as the build draws near (Ill be catching the build up thread up to date, Ive been out wth work a lot recently) just wanted to say thanks to all who have helped with info and questions......and given encouragement.

Thanks all

·
Registered
808 Posts
Contragulations ! I always get a rush when they come right to life and run great. It makes the rest of the build so much more fun. Its all down hill from there.

Paul

·
Registered
645 Posts
Great. Did you crank it over first with the fuel shut off until you showed oil pressure or prime it some other way? I just got my block back from the machine shop, will be starting to put it together this w/e.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It had previously ran before I bought it. It was cranked a few times. When I changed the oil, I put it down the valve covers. It cranked right up no problems.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought them from a board member here. There are other mounts you may use too. Mercedes and Audi used hydraulic mounts. Some use dodge cummins mounts.

·
Registered
477 Posts
who sells the fluid mounts if its ok to ask?? always cool to hear a new rig fire up.
farmer0_1, There have been several posts about motor mounts on the last 3 post pages here. Check these posts out:
1) Mid or front mount for the motor - Last reply 4-17
2) What A/C compressor will work - Last reply 4-07
3) Hydraulid motor mounts (fluid) - Last reply 4-07
4) Engine mounts - Last reply 4-07
5) Show off ur motor mounts - Last reply 4-04

There is a lot of motor mount information on the past posts. (These are just from a few weeks) Go back and check it out. You may decide not to use the stock hydraulic mounts. I did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts