Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I got my hands on an 05 toyota tundra that smucked a telephone pole. Long story short i want to put a 4bta in this thing. I was wondering what the best combination of engine and tranny would be. Would it be possible to retain the transmission from the tundra with a custom adapter? Would the computer that runs the tranny need more information from the engine then I can cob together? And last question off hand, if i replace tranny and transfercase, would that affect things like airbags since none of the gauges would work. I know most rigs have it so the airbags will not go off below a certain speed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
As cool as it would be to use a toyota Auto trans, I don't feel it would be economically possible. I think you would be better off installing a domestic auto trans with a custom reluctor ring on the out put with the toyota speed sensor. That way you are not electronically 'mimicking' the feed. All of the factory inputs can be retained in one way or another. Selling the New expensive stuff would finance a portion of the build.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts