Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

Flex Plate Spacer

8K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  littlebroncokid 
#1 ·
Putting an Allison 545 behind the 4bt and I'm missing the flex plate spacer/converter center hub. Does anybody have one out that you could give me the total part height and flange thickness so I can spin one up. Have all the other dimentions I need.
Thanks if you can help!

#2 ·
I guess all I really need is the thickness of the spacer part between the end of the cranckshaft and the flex plate so the converter will be at the correct depth in the front pump and the flexplate will be at the end of the starter throw. The nose of the hub I can figure out by mounting the flex plate to the converter adapter ring. Again this is for a #3 bell housing on a 4 or 6bt cummings.

#3 · (Edited)
All right, here we go. flange OD=5.670", flange thickness = .740", recess in front of flange =5.115" I.D. x .160" Deep. this centers the hub on the crank shaft O. D. seal surface.it`s a light tap fit on the crank. flange thickness where the crank shaft bolts go through = .575". distance from crank mating surface to rear of adapter nose where the torque converter goes in = 2.450". O.D. of nose that centers the Torque converter = 2.720". I.D. of nose = 1.704". that`s as close as I can measure it. hope this helps. part # stamped in it is 3906806 . they round the outer edge of the flange so it will not make a ring mark in the flex plate. OOPS, there`s a raised OD where the nose comes out of the flange, it`s 2.754" X .270" to center the flex plate.

Reactions: Redark1
#6 ·
it looks just like the one I measured, I like it when a plan comes together, good luck with the rest of your swap, glad I could help.

#8 ·
i am in need of the specs for the chevy flex plate spacer so i can make one my set up come with out the hub spacer if some one has one that they can mesuer for me i would apresate it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.