Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm going from a GM flexplate to a Dodge flywheel. I didn't keep the bolts from the flexplate to get the size so I need a little help to figure out the right size.

I went to the Dodge dealer to get bolts and they special ordered them and they are probably 1-2mm too small in diameter and since they were special order I can't do anything bout them being wrong. Waste of money.

Also I'm going to make up a custom exhaust manifold using mooktank's kit and I was going to switch to a stud setup rather than bolts. Anyone know offhand the size for those?

Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you ordered Dodge Cummins manual flywheel bolts and the dealer gave you the wrong ones I'd have a stronger conversation with them. Those bolts are expensive.

I bought bolts from Dodge for a 98 cummins with 5 speed. Fit perfectly, no I did not measure them. The Dodge dealer can tell you the specs of the bolts.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sorry if I came off with an attitude. I searched for flywheel bolts and basically every post that ever mentioned flywheels came up. I was getting frustrated because I remembered seeing the sizes mentioned but I had no idea what thread it came up in.

I should go back and "talk" to the dealer about the bolts but its kinda hard when I'm 90 miles away right now. Basically the guy working the parts counter was the most unhelpful person I've ever met. Never looked at me once. Sitting 15 feet away from me just punching stuff into his computer. Oh and he said that the flywheel took 6 bolts. I'd rather just eat the $15 I spent there than having to deal with them ever again.

Thanks for the help guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts