Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As usual funds are tight again so I was looking for a project that could be done with material and supplies that I had on hand.When I'm off roading it is almost always solo with just the Wife dog and myself so any recovery operation is a real chore so a winch anchor has been on my short list of things needed I found this design online and copied the basic idea the original was CJ sized so I upped the size a bit to better fit the Beast and modified it to suit the materials on hand and here is what I ended up with.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's no lie,the UK might not be far enough away to protect you from the Wife if she saw that:eek:.........she knows better than anyone that I don't need any encouragement for :idea: along those lines ;)
One of these days I will pull out ALL the gear I carry in the Beast and post a pic of it I bet it weighs north of 300lbs better to have it and not need it ......:beer:

Reactions: boothybunch

·
Registered
651 Posts
Here's something I have always wondered about those; once you have the truck out and the anchor is thoroughly buried in the ground, how do you get it back out again? You just buried it with 9000lbs of force (for a Jeep typical winch, maybe 10,000 or 12,000lbs for a full-size truck).

Do you need to dig it out? Get a shackle on the backside and use the truck to pull it out backwards? In some of these farm fields around me, where the dirt is not exactly hard-packed, I could probably bury something like that 2-3ft down if my Bronco was really stuck!

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got a shackle on the backside,once your past it just yank it out of the hole.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts