1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
I have been doing a lot of research into this too. I cant find anyone is Salt Lake City that can bend it.. My only lead is having to go up to Wyoming to have it done here:
http://www.pinnaclepowerexhaust.com/

Or ordering all the parts and welding together either myself or with a local muffler guy I use who does great work a 3" bender...

or, going with a 3" again. It was a noticeable loss of power with the stock turbo, but I am mostly interested in lower EGTs if I were to somehow hit higher ones again...

If you can find a local bender, or fab something up, let me/us know, and post pics!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, there's a place not too far from me that i've seen sell 4" bent sections on ebay, i bet they could probably make the downpipe for me. I can give them my p30 one for reference. I wonder how much it would be, if i think i can fit a 4" one, i will try and look them up.

I'm gonna cut these up and put the whole exhaust together that way. it was 140 shipped for both tailpipes, hopefully i can use one in close to the original configuration. it's approx 25-30/bend if buying individual bends, all + shipping. I got 8 bends, so <20 bucks each shipped isn't too bad. Oh, and they're stainless.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well, it looks like a 4" downpipe from the turbo just won't fit. the P30 one fits rather nicely though, almost like it was meant to be :massey:

I couldn't get a picture of it, but the P30 downpipe's outlet is in a perfect location for running the exhaust, I don't plan on modifying it at all. Anyone wishing to put a 4bt in a durango, this is pretty perfect fitment.

Oh, and a tailpipe looks like it will fit without modification, though it hangs a bit lower than i like. I do like the 45 degree angle on it though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have been doing a lot of research into this too. I cant find anyone is Salt Lake City that can bend it.. !
Now that's just bizarre, given the huge number of chipped trucks running around. Of course, it might make sense, since they can all BUY custom exhausts in boxes.... :(

I'm going to have to get a custom downpipe made pretty soon. :( Hope someone can do it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Really, the best way to add the bigger exhaust, and I know it is time consuming, is to just buy a box of bends, and start cutting, fitting, and tack it all together. When I do this, I get a beautiful system. When I am completly welded up, I grind the welds down, then send it out to get powder coated. Just order some 45's, and 90's in what ever size you want from your local big truck supply. I usally also use a Magnaflow straight thru muffler.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts