Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know offhand what the "true" dimension is supposed to be?

I tried measuring with fresh mounts on the engine side, but its too akward. Its somewhere around 18"+ from what I can tell. Sure would be easier fabbing frame mounts with a real measurement.

This is supposed to be the same as 80-96 6 cyl f-series correct??

I tired moving the factory 71 F100 390 perches, but they are too narrow, so I wanted to just start from scratch. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
67 Posts
On my Ford Bread truck, I measured aroud 17" straight between the two. I wrote it down, but I am at work now, so I'll have to reference it tomaorrow AM.

·
Registered
269 Posts
In responce to your statement that the measurement is the same as the 300 six. They are the same width exactly, I had my engine sitting on a set of 300 frame stands that I installed. The bread van mounts went right into the 300 stands just like it was made for it. In my truck though the engine was set up too high in the front with it on the 300 stands so I removed them and fabed my own mount system, check out my build up thread for pix and more detailed info on the stands and what I did, sorry took no measurements though, got everything to fit and wasn't woried about exact science.

Mongos 4BT Fire wood monster truck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts