Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the bellhousing bolt pattern for the Ford SB (302/351) and the 7.3 diesel? I've located a Cummins Ford flywheel housing which has the SB bolt pattern. The ZF S5-42 they put on the small blocks has the $%&@!*^% internal slave cylinder which I have come to despise after having replaced three in 185K miles on this 150 I'm putting the 4BT in. The ZF S5-42 that came on the 7.3 powerstrokes has an external slave cylinder setup. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to mate a diesel ZF to the Cummins small block adapter with a plate. Another way would be to cut a hole thru the side of the SB ZF bellhousing, put a pivot inside for a clutch fork and fab a mount for an external slave cylinder. I HATE internal slave cylinders.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ford Diesel Adapter plates

TAKE a looke at Wilcap Adapters web page...they have produced a Ford BB automatic adapter for production...

they build me the first TippieCanoe replica plate that adapts a 3.9 / 5.9 to a Ford ZF S5-42 diesel transmission....

Take a look at there website & give Pat Mcguire a call for one...it uses all Dodge parts & boltls to the Ford Diesel pattern.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts