Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...maybe tomorrow (and I've been saying that for a month now :confused: ). But tonight is Fried Day...:beer:

Actually, the thing was ready to for first fire a week ago but the starter wouldn't work and the water pump leaked, so while the truck was down anyway I used the opportunity to "bulletproof" the installation, make some changes, and generally finish, i.e., tear it back apart and do some of those "do it later" tweaks...you know, the labor-intensive ones that never get done.

Anyway, hi.

Eddie

·
Premium Member
1989 Jeep Wagoneer, 360v8, 727, stock for now,
2,618 Posts
Eddie,
At least your making more progress on this than that ol bucket of rust you call a Scout!:D Cool!
Good to "hear" from you.
Got to get back out to the barn before my better half gets home and finds me on the computer.
Steve

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You haven't heard the last of the Scout project, not by a long shot. It will come back to haunt you, ummm, some day, and it sorta may not look exactly like a Scout.

The two projects are simply not comparable; the truck was a clean, unrusted, tight sorta late-model that I'd owned since new that sorta had a blown gasoline engine. (Heavy sarcasm) ALL it required was a simple engine swap.:rasta: (Ummm, is there anything on the truck that I haven't tweaked, modified, adjusted, replaced, spilled beer on, or cussed out?)

The Scout, OTOH...:nuke:

Eddie

·
Premium Member
1989 Jeep Wagoneer, 360v8, 727, stock for now,
2,618 Posts
That Scout, when its done will be the envy of all Scout lovers, a toast :beer:

I have my own, well my wife's rust project, the Willys. Only been on it for 3 years, a least. I know what you mean.

Steve

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No Pics Just Yet, But...

...I did finally get a camera, and took a bunch of pics of a little starter problem I was havin'.

And I did finally spin the motor, which ends that recurring little thot "What if the thing is rusted solid inside and won't turn" It didn't start up, though; I think its a fuel problem.

I noticed that the fuel pressure gauge was reading "0", which provides me just the impetus I need to return to the OE Cummins mechanical piston pump and lines and do away with the Ford in-tank electric crossbred morphodite setup I thought I'd try to begin with. Install the new plastic tanks I just happen to have, too.

Gee...with those fuel tanks installed, I can run B100...just in time for the
Annual Summer Petrol Price Gouge. :nuke:

Eddie

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's There!

Thing drives nice.

I just had a 3.08 R&P put in (bought for $15.00 w/carrier off eBay).

The trips are getting longer daily, followed by the "shakedown" :rolleyes: (literally) repairs and general Make-It-Pretty reworks, but...it runs great and drives just great.

Last bit of outside shop work will be a front end alignment, necessary because the 3/4-ton coil springs added a couple inches of front end lift and therefore some excessive positive camber; and that needs to wait until I can dumpsterize this junk engine in the bed...which may be the cause of the front end llift...

Eddie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts