Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this PN still correct? I'm having a very hard time finding this flywheel. Google search comes up with almost nothing. I'm trying to put a T-19 to a 4bt and not sure which flywheel to use. I did scour the stickies but couldn't find anything other than this PN.

·
Registered
11,061 Posts
Yes, that is the correct casting number for the Ford flywheel. I have seen a part number 3920709 also referenced. New list price is slightly over $1900 but see them advertised in the $1300-1400 range. Occasionally see used ones for sale in the $500 and up range. There has been a significant price increase. Back in 2009 the 3920709 was $990.65 from Cummins. You can find plenty of search references for the new numbers. Just not a lot available on the used market.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Maybe a complete Dodge 6bt setup (adapter plate, flywheel, clutch (all the associated parts), transmission and all the small parts) from a wreck or rust-out.

·
Registered
11,061 Posts
Russ, don't think the Ford T19 will mate to the Dodge adapter. He'll also need to use a Dodge manual transmission. Either the Getrag 5 speed for the '88-93 adapter parts or the NV4500 5 speed for the '94 up parts. I'm assuming this is a Ford T19 and not an IH version.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes this is the ford version. I have 3 of them laying around and would love to utilize them. Especially since I have everything I need in the vehicle already. Only missing the adapter plate and flywheel/clutch. I'm sure there's other little bits I need to get still but most of its there.

·
Registered
11,061 Posts
Those flywheels do show up occasionally. Used to see lots of them but with the dwindling supply of 4bts they are getting scarce. The flywheel bolts are readily available and cost around $35 for a set of 8 plus the washers. The clutch is a standard Ford clutch so no problem there. I assume your engine has the Ford adapter plate. You might contact member Eggman. His vehicle had the small block Ford parts but when he upped the power to near 300 HP that clutch was just too light so he changed to a larger 7.3 transmission and adapter plate. Don't know if he has the old parts or not. Is this project an off road item. The T19 is a good transmission but has no OD. Your top speed on highway without OD would be in the 50-55 MPH range unless you have a very high ratio rear gear.

·
Registered
11,061 Posts
OK, then you do have overdrive capability. We have a few guys running a splitter and 4 speed combo. The T19 was stock on most of the 4bts found in the Ford vans. There were a few with the NP435 as well.

·
Vendor
2,650 Posts
I have a ranger torque splitter in my shop I plan to use with the t19
Several members have had issues with them. The company itself does not recommend using with the 4bt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts