Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the ford adapter/bellhousing and was planning on using a ZF tranny but now have found a possible good deal on a 4500. I have been looking at Advance Adapters adapter that goes between a Ford bellhousing and the 4500 but the clutch and bellhousing they say to use has a mechanical clutch linkage. I wanted to use hydraulic for ease of installation(the Jeep it's going in wasn't made with mechanical clutch linkage). The 4500 would be nice because it would give me more choices on the transfer case end. This project is still in the planning stage so any suggestions would be welcomed. I have Dana 60 front axles from Ford and Chevy so transfer case outputs could go either way, but would prefer to use the Ford because of the high pinion. Thanks.

OK I called Advance Adapters again and now they say that adapter can use a Ford bellhousing with either type linkage, mechanical or hydraulic. So I've got two different conflicting answers from them! Has anyone ever used this adapter? Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I've used the AA NV4500-Ford adapter. I can't see any way the adapter would care what type of clutch linkage you use. You just have to use the Dodge light duty input shaft/retainer and a GM clutch disc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts