Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, im in the process of putting a 12v cummins in my 79 ford and ordered a conversion kit from fordcummins and was looking around on the internet and read that fordcummins is a joke and there motor mounts and other parts are garbage, and that got me worried so im just wondering if anyone has had any experience dealing with fordcummins and should I be expecting a box of scrap metal when my parts arrive? or a box of quality manufactured parts?
thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have read both ways on this one

some think its quality stuff and some dont

I have never seen their stuff so I am in the dark here

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Thier adapter plates are the lower end of quality. The mounts are fine, but you can build your own real easy using 89-91 Dodge cummins mounts.

·
Registered
292 Posts
i lived in missoula and delt with that guy once.....

ive done 6 ford cummins conversions whats that tell ya

·
Registered
145 Posts
I almost bought from them a couple years back, but I am glad I didn't because for the modern Ford transmissions, you have to cut into your bellhousing, just for the starter clearance due to the design their adapter plate.

Link:
What not to do.

Seeing as the bellhousing on modern trucks is integral, if your transmission failed, no one would take it as a core, because they would consider the case broken.:eek:

Thats what freaked me out, and delayed me from purchasing their product. Then I met Scott from Destroked when he first started the business. In fact, I have the very first ZFS-542 gas to 12 valve Cummins plate that he produced. The cost was WAY cheaper than FordCummins as well.

·
Registered
188 Posts
yeah a buddy of mine has also had bad experience with these guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts