Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have any of you had the title mailed to you before picking up the Van ?
I need to send a copy to the boarder and to get insurance in Canada . I want to do the paper work and drive down and pick up the van . The company mentioned mailing me a bill of sale but nothing about a title.

Bruce

·
Registered
98 Posts
Titles

I had to call and remind them to send it... It still took about 3 weeks...You could maybe pay to have them overnight it. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
It took forever to get it, months.. Was the fault of a semi-lazy fleet manager...
I would be very dilligent about getting your title ASAP...

·
Registered
233 Posts
I need to send a copy to the boarder and to get insurance in Canada . I want to do the paper work and drive down and pick up the van . The company mentioned mailing me a bill of sale but nothing about a title.

Bruce
Where you from in canada I was thinking about buying a hole van and brining it up to canada Can you just bring it up and pay duty at the border? Let me know how it goes:)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes you can bring up the whole van

If you can get a chev i would go that way . You get the hydroboost brakes on many as an option . Beats the stupid vaccuumm pump hands down .
The process is a pain in the butt but very doable.
I will fill you in on how it goes. The biggest problem is getting a response from the American boarder . Nothing is neat and clear. You fax off copies of stuff but may not get a reply that it was recieved or sent to the right place.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Bruce
Bruce:

Are you importing the van into US or Canada? I've exported to Canada and can give you the short list. It's not hard at all if you follow some simple rules.

Marc

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am driving up to Canada

So I am exporting it to Canada from the States. I sent off some paperwork to the boarder today . Hopefully I got the right place . Fill me in on what to do .

I suspect i am not the only guy to find this confusing . Figured I would rather do it myself than pay a broker 300 bucks .

thanks

Bruce

1 - 7 of 7 Posts