Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing a 4BTA with the inline pump in a 46 Dodge Power Wagon. Run into a problem in that the fuel shutoff solenoid is right where the radiator support bar needs to be. Anyone ever relocate the solenoid? Any issues I need to worry about? Worst case scenario I might just have to build or modify the support rod.

·
Registered
784 Posts
No help but you need to post more pics!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Here's another image of the one on Dbteak's truck

IMG_1980.jpg

From that it looks like there would be enough room to shorten the rod and move it to the opposite side of the timing cover with some spacers and longer bolts. Would those extra 3-4" be enough?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Use a 94 - 98 5.9l shut off selenoid and bracketry. It bolts right on and puts the selenoid straight up beside the afc.

Chris

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Use a 94 - 98 5.9l shut off selenoid and bracketry. It bolts right on and puts the selenoid straight up beside the afc.

Chris
Had to go find some pictures to see what you were talking about but that just might be perfect.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
on my pw I just used a pull cable, also works for a theft deterrant. or use the dodge unit like already said. check out my truck in my thread in general buildups.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts