Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys recommend. I have a choice of either gettin a 23 gal fuel tank with a pump inside made for the EFI fords or get a 23 gal fuel tank ment for a carb vehicle and mount an external fuel pump? It will be going on my 1970 bronco.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I personally would go for the carb tank. Your engine should have a mechanical lift pump on the driver side just below the fuel filter. If so it should be the only pump you will need. I would use a gage to monitor pressure pre-injector pump.
Carl

·
Administrator
4,180 Posts
Carl is correct. Get the one without the pump.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I would say it would depend on how you want to run the return line. The old senders that don’t have a return line and are smaller in diameter. This leaves less room for a return fitting. The CFI sender/pump assemblies already have a return line and are designed for regulated 15 PSI injectors, so with a cheaper regulator it should work. The EFI sender/pump assemblies also have a return line and are designed for regulated 50 PSI injectors (they develop over 90 PSI). I wouldn’t use that pump! You could use any one of the senders and just use a section of fuel line to replace the fuel pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts