Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a stupid question, but since no one's asked it I guess I will. I've worked on diesel powered tractor trailer coal trucks for a few years now, so I know how much a pain water in the fuel can be and how important the fuel and water filters are. But where are these filters on a 4bt? Are they on the motor themselves, like some of the BIG diesels? Or do you have to find a remote mounted kit and put them on the frame?

Oh, and take this from first hand experience. If you wanna save yourself a headache, keep a filter wrench, fuel and water filters, and a jug of diesel in your truck. I lost count of how many times I had to make a road call to swap filters and there's nothing worse then being broke down over something that simple.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
This is probably a stupid question, but since no one's asked it I guess I will. I've worked on diesel powered tractor trailer coal trucks for a few years now, so I know how much a pain water in the fuel can be and how important the fuel and water filters are. But where are these filters on a 4bt? Are they on the motor themselves, like some of the BIG diesels? Or do you have to find a remote mounted kit and put them on the frame?

Oh, and take this from first hand experience. If you wanna save yourself a headache, keep a filter wrench, fuel and water filters, and a jug of diesel in your truck. I lost count of how many times I had to make a road call to swap filters and there's nothing worse then being broke down over something that simple.
the Fuel filter is located on the DS rear of the engine. the standard is a single filter, but there are aftermarket dual filter mounts, i don't know if it was ever stock or not...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts