Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Ok. I'll get on the hunt for an intercooler to pull next.

If I end up pulling p pump engine from some vehicle would it be worthwhile to pull that intercooler with the engine? Or just start fresh with something I know will fit properly?

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
That would be totally your call. The intercooler that came with the engine would be adequate so long as you don't get too ambitious with the power. Those that came in the step vans were to support the base 130 HP which is what the P pump model had. Not sure how much above that it will support. Those were pretty small size units and the pipes come out and over the top so that has to be considered too. Here's a couple photos including on with the complete P pump engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
That would be totally your call. The intercooler that came with the engine would be adequate so long as you don't get too ambitious with the power. Those that came in the step vans were to support the base 130 HP which is what the P pump model had. Not sure how much above that it will support. Those were pretty small size units and the pipes come out and over the top so that has to be considered too. Here's a couple photos including on with the complete P pump engine.
Thanks for those pics.
I'll get a ford intercooler if I can but the stepvan is still an option if that ends up being easier.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts