Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
It looked like an off the shelf 1990 W250 Dodge downpipe would work for me but the only thing I could find was a 4" one. In the end it still needed to be modified but no one can say I have a restricted exhaust. ;>) It goes into a 4" Flowpro "Twister" resonator and then for the moment goes into the stock Hemi 3" duel exhaust. Once I get it running and tested I will replace that with a 3 1/2" Ecodiesel Race pipe. The stock Cummins exhaust is next to my new downpipe, quite a difference in size.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Working on trany cooler setup. The ZF8HP70 has a heater/cooler unit on the side of the trans and hard lines that run to the cooler up front. I want to get rid of that stock heater unit and run rubber hoses to the front since the hard lines interfear with my engine. I gutted the heater housing, tapped (1/8" NPT) and plugged the old holes that went to the heater unit and found that the stock lines actually use a ORB style fitting/adapter to connect to the hard lines. I just replaced them with JIC-8 adapters and can now run new rubber lines up to the front. It can all go back to stock if need be. Here is the housing after modifications.

This allows me to use off the shelf 1/2" hydraulic lines and if I find the trans is running too cool I can add in an inline thermostatic control like the Ram 3500 uses.

Reactions: Motohead1

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Its ALIVE!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
With the ISB engine that is a big step forward. Now you know it runs.
Yea, big motivation boost.
Started to work on the truck side of the wiring today. Had over 60 DTC's on a scan, down to about half of that but they are getting more challenging to solve now. :(
Our summer/fall holiday RV trip is coming up in 5 weeks so the pressure is really on now.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts