Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a bloke here who wants to sell me an isb 5.9. how hard are they to get running ? would a ram engine need some sort of anti theft bypass to get the computer to work ? one bloke says they won't run without a complete ram wiring harness. one bloke reckons it's really easy. who is right ? is the anti theft part simpler on a truck engine ?

·
Registered
116 Posts
wiring

Hello, Painless Wiring sells a wiring kit for the ISB Cummins for about $700 USD

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about anti theft ? or don't they have it ?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hello, Painless Wiring sells a wiring kit for the ISB Cummins for about $700 USD
They are good at removing useless things from there kits

·
Registered
915 Posts
Having done some efi stuff in the past, I would certainly recommend running a harness that came from the original truck or one made for it. Building from scratch can be done, but it is time consuming and more likely to have problems. Why not just find a 12V? Then all you need is less than 10 wires for everything on the engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
24v wiring

as long as it has the cummins harness out of the computer, you only need to connect 6-8 wires to a relay, keyswitch and batteries. its real easy! ive got an isb in my chevy that used to be in my 84 hi-lux.:beer:

·
Registered
66 Posts
ok ISB question again im thinking of getting a ISB 5.9 out of a wrecked frightliner Ambulance, im not sure if the geartrain is in the back of this one or not I havent seen it yet. but if so are just the big truck tranys available? or can I still get an adaptor to hook it up t oa NV4500 or a ZF?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts