Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
A while ago someone mentioned a GM clutch that would fit the 4BT/6BT flywheel. I'm using an early GM NV4500 (with its original input shaft), GM bellhousing and GM adapter plate, so more details on which vehicles had this clutch would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Mikel

·
Registered
89 Posts
GM clutch

I have a 12" LUK flat faced clutch in my 6BTA Chevy with NV4500 and it has never slipped. I have pulled more than double the weight a 1T 4x4 should pull without slippage. Picked it up at Carolina Clutch in Charlotte.
I believe I have the same flywheel that you'll put in your 4BT, which takes a 12" GM flat-faced style clutch 1-888-462-2739. Call them, they will know what you need.
Wayne

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
whatever the stock clutch is for the bread trucks with GM/SM465 is actually a GM 454 '68-'98 clutch, if it matters.. There is a better part number for people with low throw hydraulics, like Land Cruisers.. I don't have it though but it is a 454 clutch from a 70's muscle CAR not a truck. If you have the AA bellhousing, it is a tight fit, and there is a part number for a 11.75" clutch instead of the standard 12". I had a 12" LUK last time and it was very powerful and held up great, for what its worth.. 5000 lb Land Cruiser with NV4500...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Andre,

Any part numbers on that 11-7/8" clutch kit? I need to get this done ASAP.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Any part numbers? I need to get one locally so that I can get it done this week.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm sort of in the same boat. I have the AA bellhousing and a Zoom clutch set that I purchased for my 6.2, When I get my flywheel next week I will attempt to bolt it together. What pilot bearing is used in this application??

·
Registered
64 Posts
I used car quest part W04 064.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts