Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the brakes work ok but if im at red light or idleing for a while i gotta push hard real hard. i dont know the inner workings of a break booster its a 1993 truck no air bags or abs,i think there is computer hanging on the master cylinder what could it be for???? is the mercedes vacume pump not strong enough? the brakes worked great with the 4.3 gasser even with 33'' baja claws mud tires. the 20'' wheel and tire are 31 inches tall and llighter than the old 33s????

as for the temp guage theres five volts at the connector as there should be it has ground i would realy like use the factory guages for a clean factory looking truck, would the ecm be not letting it work the oil pressure sending unit works and cut and spliced(with solder not cheepo wire crimps) the pigtail so it would reach. the temp sensor is the stock location all i had to do was retap the hole for the gm cts ????

for the wipers i havent messed with them yet just checked the fuse(not blown) wiper tank is empty would that make them not work????

ill post another video soon

·
Registered
841 Posts
As for the benz vac pump, mine works the brake booster just fine(after I discovered a vac hose unpluged). As for the electrical gremlins, sounds like there might be a bad ground. good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fixxed the temp guage the gm has 2 coolent temp sensors on for the guage and on for the ecm stupid huh hooked the right one up had to cut and solder the wire to make it reach and it work the truck runs cool like the toyota swap and my 79i blocked all the vacume lines and went for a ride tried the breaks at 30 on my street they locked up made good screach im sure the nighbors liked that
As for the benz vac pump, mine works the brake booster just fine(after I discovered a vac hose unpluged). As for the electrical gremlins, sounds like there might be a bad ground. good luck.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Come on don't hold back I want more details! How does it drive? How is acceleration? How fast will it go? How are your axles geared? I have been building a Mercedes diesel swap on my head for a while, I am curious if it is a good idea, or a great idea.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Come on don't hold back I want more details! How does it drive? How is acceleration? How fast will it go? How are your axles geared? I have been building a Mercedes diesel swap on my head for a while, I am curious if it is a good idea, or a great idea.
it drives great it accelerates well better than my benz but not as good as the yota swap i dont know if the gears were changed i doubt its a little slow from 45 -55 need to adjust the bowden cable i think i let off the pedal to get it to shift to fourth. i let my girl friend drive it to block buster for a movie we were turning alotta heads people pointing and staring i thought damn they love my truck when we parked i saw the steady stream of motor oil shooting out from the truck i jumped out to turn it off my girl friend took a little while to pop the hood so i ran to the driver side poped the hood opened it killed it a oil cooler line split i checked every thing a hundred times let her drive and she found the weak link. i only lost three qourts of oil but i was nevous as hell.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have ridden in Cell's 67 chevy pickup with the stock benz auto tranz and straight pipe exhaust-seemed very similar to a stock 250 chevy over gravel roads!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts