Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for longer m12-1.25 bolts for the 4 crank pulley bolts.. need them long to put a crank trigger on. Any Ideas? The factory ones are 12.9 strength.. want to stay the same. Looking for m12-1.25x70 mainly. I've checked everywhere.. cummins dealer..Mcmaster, ace hardware, autozone, pepboys, ebay, Lee auto parts.. I'm desperate. It would seem I have to sttle for 10.9
HELP!!!!

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Try these guys. I think they ship. If they have it and don't ship I can pick them up for you and ship what you need.

Spahr Metric Inc
www.spahrmetric.com

421 Mcghee Rd
Winchester, VA 22603
(540) 678-3815

·
Super Moderator
8,864 Posts
You can use cap screws if you get stuck. They're usually grade 12.9 or harder.

I think you'd be fine with 10.9's.

·
Administrator
4,171 Posts
Another option would be to buy a threaded rod from McMaster and cut some studs. Also check your local Chrysler, Ford, GM, Toyota, etc dealer's PARTS DEPARTMENT as they usually keep spare bolts on hand.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I think ARP has several bolt sizes in 12.9 rated or higher, it is possible check with them to see what they have. They have gotten into the import tuner scene big time so they now have a lot of metric fastener sizes.

·
Registered
269 Posts
around here we have fastenal they have or can get most any type of fastener. try there website.

I just searched there site and found the 10.9 only they do not show a 12.9 on the site but try and find a local fastenal and work with them, buy the way the 10.9 costs 3.21 a piece. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
I pulled mine off a 6BT for what its worth. I believe they are hardened also, for what its worth. The bolt size is a common size so it should not be hard to get...

·
Registered
667 Posts
I think ARP has several bolt sizes in 12.9 rated or higher, it is possible check with them to see what they have. They have gotten into the import tuner scene big time so they now have a lot of metric fastener sizes.
ARP supplied the metric flange head bolts for the C5 Corvette brake conversion on my 1995 Z28.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've checked everywhere.. cummins dealer..Mcmaster, ace hardware, autozone, pepboys, ebay, Lee auto parts.. I'm desperate. It would seem I have to sttle for 10.9
HELP!!!![/QUOTE]

Already tried

·
Super Moderator
8,864 Posts
Another option would be to buy a threaded rod from McMaster and cut some studs. Also check your local Chrysler, Ford, GM, Toyota, etc dealer's PARTS DEPARTMENT as they usually keep spare bolts on hand.
Be careful with that. The threaded rod (aka studding stick) is usually mild steel, equivalent to a grade 4.6 bolt.
Sometimes known as "cheese".

·
Registered
854 Posts
McMaster-Carr sells it up to grade 8 but not higher, IIRC.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Anyone find these? I need 8 crank bolts for a GM auto setup, my buddy is "borrowing" mine.

·
Registered
915 Posts
My vote would be fastenal. They can order just about anything.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts