Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I looked up the right numbers but I guess not. I want to flip the oil pan around and ordered the rear pickup and gasket. It does not fit as you can see from the pics. The correct gasket is rubber and wraps around the edge of the pan. Anyone have the correct P/Ns or even the parts? Would anyone need these parts? I would guess these are for a 4BT.
I have a 2003 ISB 170 from a workhorse. I guess chauk it up to the learning experience.
Auto part

· Registered
1964 Chevy C10, Cummins ISB170, Allison 1000 5 speed, full float 9”, ECU Tune, 5/7” static drop
220 Posts
Pan gasket p/n looks to be 4897877 or it is 4939246. If you have the pan that has the bolting flange that is not attached to the pan.

Oil suction connection gasket p/n looks to be 4898301

I believe p/n 4896964 is the rear sump pick up oil tube I used.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot! Looks to be correct P/Ns. When I did a search on the forum for that number I did see this
https://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?1950-Cummins-Part-s

Did you have this issue? I really need the pickup to be to the back of the Pan. I may even have to notch the pan where the downslope is in order to clear the I-beam.

EDIT: After further research I wonder if I could use I could use one from the 5.9? P/N 4942685
I just need to find some dimensions.

· Registered
1964 Chevy C10, Cummins ISB170, Allison 1000 5 speed, full float 9”, ECU Tune, 5/7” static drop
220 Posts
I saw that thread too, but it works fine for my pan. It’s the only rear tube pickup they sell I have been able to find. The 5.9 pickup is to long, but I did see somewhere that someone cut it down to length they needed and welded back up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.