Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have an 89 4bd1t. I've read and read and gonna beat a dead horse because this makes me nervous. I know if I break this or do it wrong I won't have the easiest time fixing it... I've got a td04hl-19t and looking to max pump out. I have egt gauge. I've adjusted the fuel screw. I removed a rod on what I never know the name of the compensator or aneroid? I believe both are different but I also don't know which I have, I think I have an aneroid. I pulled that off and removed a rod and reinstalled. I got a lot more fuel after this as well. So, now I'm wanting more if I can get it. I'm reading about this governor behind a welch plug on what I believe is above and to the left of the aneroid location. I can't tell what I'm suppose to do here. Do I remove the entire rear cover and remove a spring, adjust the spring. I see people say tighten it some remove it. I have also seen people talk about taking something from the side in which has the timing gear on it? I can't find anything on this now. I have read many articles and pages from the manual, I'm really just not trying to mess this up... If I can get this worked out. What are people doing for timing? Advance or retard and generally how much. Is there kind of a known sweet spot or amount to move at a time? Currently I'm very happy with down low power but it's dead up to barely pulls, clean burn not really any smoke. Thanks in advance for any info!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts