Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all
i'm about to embark on a crazy adventure ... and will likely clutter these pages with worthless drivel and stupid questions about everything from axle to WVO.

i've decided to put a 4bt into this:

1946 IHC METRO VAN

i've found an international scout guy nuts enough to do the heavy lifting/fabrication/lifting for me. he's not a diesel guy, per se, but he'll be able to get everything lined-up and in the right place.

there's a definite laundry list of things to do, but hey, this is just an introduction not sob-story!

anyone with any general musing, comments, concerns, advice, whatever ... give me a shout ... i'd love to hear it.

cheers, hello, and much much more to come

geoff

·
Registered
212 Posts
wouldn't happen to drive an old mercedes would you. I recognize the name and I just moved from Portland.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Welcome! Now THAT'S going to be one great conversion!!! RV, home, portatble workshop, portable office, tailgate party central, research center, the possibilities are endless. Have fun!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
don't drive anything at the moment actually...
just my bicycle!

nonetheless, if you EVER see this thing on the road, be sure to give me a wave
i won't miss that sunshine truck!

yeah, it is ultimately going to be a camper.
i'm much better with wood than metal, so i've found an IH guy willing to help with the heavy bits.
i'm in the process of trying to find disc brake conversion kits, suspension upgrades, and all the bits/bobs that will go with the new engine.

quite a lot of fun.

cheers and thanks for the encouragement!

geoff

·
Registered
54 Posts
i just live outside portland about 25miles give me a heads up when you are working on your conversion like to stop and kick a tire.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'd love to have you stop on by.

right now i'm waiting to sell some property to get the cash to do the work

once that happens (hopefully soon!!!!), I'll let you know

cheers and thanks for the interest

geoff

·
Registered
212 Posts
that is going to look awesome by the time you get done with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it will indeed look awesome ...
some day.

thanks for the encouragement.
keeps me going while i'm stuck at work.

it will also keep me going when we have our first child (in less than 10 days!!)

cheers
geoff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts