Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Mustang,68 Mustang.36 Diamond T.1990 Grizzly...first one built.
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1990 Grizzly.Built in North Van BC in the 90's.13 trucks were built.This is the very first truck built.I have found all but 2 of them..Was a 2wd auto and I switched it to 4wd and a 5spd.
Cummins 12V (56,000 miles)
grizzly 004 (93).JPG

NV4500 5spd
South Bend dual disc clutch
NP 205 T/case
78 Ford dana 60
Dana 70 in the rear...3.7 gears..
Lots of other stuff......

·
Registered
667 Posts
That's neat. I've never seen one of these before.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a huge thread on Grizzly Trucks.It is full of pics on the rebuild of this truck,has pictures of all the other trucks and the thread dispels a lot of the BS internet rumors about these trucks.Also the very last Grizzly is getting rebuilt and the owner is posting progress pics as well.....Cory

grizzly 009 (19).JPG
grizzly 001 (73).JPG
grizzly 002 (65).JPG
grizzly 004 (17).JPG

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a huge thread on Grizzly Trucks.It is full of pics on the rebuild of this truck,has pictures of all the other trucks and the thread dispels a lot of the BS internet rumors about these trucks.Also the very last Grizzly is getting rebuilt and the owner is posting progress pics as well.....Cory
Visited your link and how you customize your truck was so awesome! I just can't think but wonder if your using big wheels in it, it will surely be a monster truck then.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Built as a daily driver and to do some exploring in..I have recently added (roof top) A/C to it and currently hooking up a TSM e-brake on the back of the 205...
I have some basic videos on u-tube as well...Look up 1990 Grizzly Truck
Thanks for your comments..

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,778 Posts
That's beautiful. What was it built for originally, how much can it carry and how heavy was it?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Those are a cool truck. I visited Geoff and the "factory" a number of times and we chatted on the phone a few times. I was trying to build some electric trucks along the same line, heavy duty for the dock workers. I only managed to build two electrics before moving on to smaller trucks which are still in production today. Geoff was always good at sharing info and suppliers and we bitched about most of the same things. I was very disturbed when he passed on. The strange thing was many years later I got a phone call from a Geoff (or Jeff) saying he was with Grizzly trucks, sort of took my breath away. He had bought the rights? to the trucks and was going to start building them again. Is there any truth to that? There was a purple one just down the street from me for a few years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are lots of stories that I don't have the answers to.Geoff passed away in 98 and I believe the last truck was built/finished around 96.I only know of one purple truck and it is the very last truck built...It used to sit in a compound in Qualicum..It is now in Alberta getting rebuilt..He is documenting it on my Grizzly thread..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Probably it. I'm about 15 minutes out of Qualicum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Used to sit on Old Island Hwy.There is a black one in your area as well...I have never seen it but talked to them a few times..There is one in Sayward and one up in Alberni.Those two are Blue

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts