Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
MY96Z, I'm interested in the price... Let's us know what you find out for price and availability... Thx

·
Registered
915 Posts
Looks like a nice unit to me, especially if you are limited on space. It is a little bit thinner and smaller overall than the dodge or ford units. Basically,the larger an intercooler is the more efficient is usually is. However, there are some considerations on intake tract volume as well for throttle response. 2.5" in/out should be plenty large to feed a 4BT.

A much cheaper and very similiar option would also be the first gen dodge cooler.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
for what its worth, it looks identical to the OEM 4BTA air/air intercoolers... I plan on running one of these personally...

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
I have one -- I responded to your post and sent you a PM. I would probably also gladly trade for an air/water setup I think :)

Thanks,
Andre

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found another company in Alabama that makes them. I should have a quote here in a little bit. they can also repair the originals and put a new core in them. They also build a better one that is guaranteed to have 0 Leakage. The factory ones can have up to a 5% leakage from factory. As soon as I get a price I will post it and let you all know.

·
Registered
200 Posts
whats needed to change from air to air to air to water setup. looks like the aftercooler makes the engine alot deeper (problem for me)could i just tap into the intake tube with a rice burner aftercooler and ether us engine coolent or the closed loop idea. not to side track you guys thanks steve.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
whats needed to change from air to air to air to water setup. looks like the aftercooler makes the engine alot deeper (problem for me)could i just tap into the intake tube with a rice burner aftercooler and ether us engine coolent or the closed loop idea. not to side track you guys thanks steve.
The Air to water setup you will loose a little bit of hood clearance. You could do the rice burner aftercooler if you have the space to put it. i would recommend the closed loop system.

·
Registered
200 Posts
thanks. the van intercooler is to big i was thinking about the 4bt aftercooler but its to high if i could get by the hight issue changing all the injector lines and such would be a pain. i need to get this figured out so i can weld in some motor mounts.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I have a water to air aftercooler that I have recently removed from my Jeep. It fit well under my 97 Wrangler and it is only about 1/2" to 1" taller than the intake tube that you already have on your engine. I also have the injector lines and the supports for the lines. The only part I don't have is the tube that goes from the turbo to the aftercooler. I am in the process of putting an Intercooler (air to air) on the Jeep instead. Let me know if you are interested in a Private message.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a water to air aftercooler that I have recently removed from my Jeep. It fit well under my 97 Wrangler and it is only about 1/2" to 1" taller than the intake tube that you already have on your engine. I also have the injector lines and the supports for the lines. The only part I don't have is the tube that goes from the turbo to the aftercooler. I am in the process of putting an Intercooler (air to air) on the Jeep instead. Let me know if you are interested in a Private message.
i sent a pm. why are you going to the air /air is it better. my pump is the inline pump will your lines fit.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am going air to air because of my upgrades on the injectors and the turbo I need a higher flowing intercooler. The Aftercooler will accept a 2" turbo pipe and my upgrade is now a 2-1/2" and a higher volume of air flow. The aftercooler worked great but my modifications out grew the aftercooler.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I found another company in Alabama that makes them. I should have a quote here in a little bit. they can also repair the originals and put a new core in them. They also build a better one that is guaranteed to have 0 Leakage. The factory ones can have up to a 5% leakage from factory. As soon as I get a price I will post it and let you all know.
Ever get a price? I'm interested in an intercooler for my bread truck.

·
Registered
200 Posts
does anyone know if it matters if the intercooler is mounted behind the radiator toward the engine so it would be truck grill, radiator, intercooler, electric fan, motor

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ever get a price? I'm interested in an intercooler for my bread truck.
No I am still waiting. I have called the company a few times but the gentlemen that deals with the custom built intercoolers is not in. I will try again after the new year and hopefully the will be working at 100% again. Here is a picture of the intercooler that they make. Since they make it I would imagine that they can also make it to the dimensions that you require.

Attachments

·
Vendor
2,664 Posts
For those with upgraded turbos the AR46 3501 has bigger I/Olets

1 - 20 of 24 Posts