Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to use these on my conversion to my cj7. Would like to know measurements where mounts sit so i can weld them in place, instead of spending countless hours aligning everything up. Any info would be great thank you

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
i been wondering the same thing i wanna put a 4bt into my 02 tj will the 4bt mount up to my nv3550 for a jeep? any info anyone could help me with any pointers or adapters i will need to put the 4bt into my jeep using my stock drive trane

·
Vendor
2,665 Posts
i been wondering the same thing i wanna put a 4bt into my 02 tj will the 4bt mount up to my nv3550 for a jeep? any info anyone could help me with any pointers or adapters i will need to put the 4bt into my jeep using my stock drive trane
3550s a little light.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have their mounts installed in my 1997 TJ. These mounts are designed to be universal for CJ, YJ and TJ's, They are made to be adjustable, they allow you to move the engine laterally, vertically and front to back. On the TJ frame there is really only one place for the mount to go and because of the 4 link front suspension it is important to mock everything up with weight on the springs. I screwed that up and mine are too low. The motor mount they supply is HEAVY duty with a rubber bushing inside. The JD mounts are designed to be easy to install and unbreakable, they are overkill compared to other motor mounts. JD has 4bt TJ and YJ Jeeps in Haiti and they test these kits out down there, they have to be easy to install with simple tools and maintain and survive.

As for tranmissions, I have an NV4500 for the low First gear ratio...You can use an NV3500 or an AX15. Jeff Daniels sells an adapter plate for the 4bt. There are other adapter plates out there. I have a stock 4bt 130hp and 334 ftlbs, an NV3500 will handle that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wait for Novak to start selling the mounts I designed. They utilize the 4 mid mount holes on the engine, these use the 3 front mount holes. Mine are stronger, probably better vibration control becasue the isolators are mounted on a 45 degree, less stress on the bellhousng being mid mount as well. We are working on getting the mounts into production, hopefully in a few months..... I have pics on the "show off your motor mounts thread"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts