Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am a new member and i love diesel engines every single kind. I really want to put a 4bt into my jeep cause the the little 2.5l is a little small and alot tired. I was wandering if anybody had any tips or tricks on where to purchase an engine and where to begin because i am completly clueless on this kind of swap? i would like to thank anybody in advance who could help me out!!!!:confused:

·
Registered
959 Posts
best tip......search

·
Registered
12 Posts
well, as I am finding out, you have to do your homework first. you will find out that it is not just a bolt up application. You will have to do some welding or be more than willing to spend money and time to have somone do the welding for you.

My best advice is just do what all of us that are looking into the swap and search and read, search and read. :eek:

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
in a wrangler i would like to use something lighter like a 2.8L 4cyl... in brazil the mwm-international 4.07ta sprint series is widely used for diesel conversions in cherokees (diesel wranglers are not so commons in brazil but this engine has a simillar size to the vm motori ra428dohc used in some overseas diesel wranglers), and in the philippines the isuzu 4jb1 is widely used for wrangler diesel conversions...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts