Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of body lifts and suspension lifts talked about so I suspect not.

But I thought I'd ask anyhow. For all the good an answer would do me!:jester:

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Hi, Dave,

Yeah, mine's a 2WD drive, '67 Dodge Town Wagon, NV4500, Dana 60HD rear. Works great, very happy with it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a Ranger 2WD pickup along the road leading home that looks like could be a mileage CHAMP with a 4BT and TALL gearing!

Again however dreams are about all I have.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi

I did a 1989 ford f150 2wd. My swap was very simple, I am very happy with the results.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
There's a Ranger 2WD pickup along the road leading home that looks like could be a mileage CHAMP with a 4BT and TALL gearing!

Again however dreams are about all I have.
Hey, Dangerous Dave, I have a saying for you. I coined it about 20 years ago or so:

'Only dreamers dreams come true...'

One of my many dreams is parked out front.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dave I live in Madisonville. Have a 2wd Ramcharger that I started driving daily sept.1. So far I have had no problems and it looks completely stock.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
2WD Durango here! couldn't fit the front axle with the sump the way it was... :( 2wd is great for 95% of what I do, hopefully that 5% doesn't kick me in the...well you get the point :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have no doubts at all that a 4BT pickup or maybe a Blazer or Subby or Ramcharger would be sweet.

But my Ram is my DD and my Weekend ride and gets nearly 20mpg average. And my job pays for my Ram, My House and very VERY little else.

So dreaming is really all I have.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I am going to do my astro with a izusu because of noise from a bt4 but it should fit :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
My dream is beginning to come together. It is a '72 Ford 2WD. We started with purchasing the chassis and now are working on the powerplant. I have a lead on a 4BT, but nothing in concrete...yet.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My dream is beginning to come together. It is a '72 Ford 2WD. We started with purchasing the chassis and now are working on the powerplant. I have a lead on a 4BT, but nothing in concrete...yet.
Man that is one CLEAN and SHARP looking truck! I see a few decent ones around here, but that thing looks GREAT!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds like a few of have the same idea, more or less. I've got a '71 Ford F350 that I'm gathering parts and such for. Currently driving the 300 6, but am looking to install a 4BT soon as I find a candidate I like. Other changes will be necessary, of course, like rear gears and overdrive. Keep us posted on your project. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the complements on the truck, guys. It was a great find. It is a California truck that is virtually all original.

One of the first vehicles that I learned to drive was a '68 F250 with a 360 with three-on-the-tree. I always liked that truck a lot but as age provides me with more wisdom, I am realizing that the Ford Bumpsides were great trucks. The guy who bought our '68 still has it. I told him for the second time a few weeks ago to let me know if he ever wants to sell it.

I am thinking that this '72 2WD swap will be one of the simplest around. I hope that I am right.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I put one in our '95 2WD Suburban. It was previously a 6.5TD.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I put a 4bt in my '95 2wd 3500 crew cab.... It was also previously a 6.5TD.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts