Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got everything installed and took it out for a quick ride. It started off at 18lbs of boost max, I came back and adjusted power screw a little bit but no change so I turned in the screw in the wastegate. This got me to about 22-23lbs. Made a little more adjustment on power screw and wastegate and it seems to be about 26-28lbs no smoke except for initial take off. Is that about the best I should expect and be happy or is there more to be had.? Either got to about 1100-1150 running hard. Mods are thd fuel.pin and 3200 spring.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Coil Automotive design Engineering

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle

I finally
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Vendor
2,726 Posts
It will. Anytime including hiway I could hit 30psi in a fraction of a second stomping onthe pedal.

Good reads on this turbo.

I used this tool to calibrate turbo.

Reactions: eggman918

·
Registered
12,527 Posts
You probably have a bit more to gain. Might adjust your pump timing and lower the EGT a bit. Yours isn't excessive but is about the peak you want. Boost on that turbo will easily hit 30 PSI and almost instantly. Have heard of some hitting 35 PSI but I'd think a few lbs lower would be safer.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I hit hit 20lbs of boost instantly so it's quick. I hope it performs well on interstate running 70-75.
With it behaving as described you should be happy on the interstate, with the engine doing what it should your gearing will have the last word on your 70-75 mph "happiness".
Sounds like you are close to if not there now some varied miles on her will tell the tale.
Good Luck.

·
Selling 4bt & 6bt parts to all of N.America
506 Posts
Glad you like the turbo. Keep in mind, there is a balance of fuel mileage & boost. The more boost you run, the less fuel mileage you will achieve, "to a certain point". Also a balance of boost & EGT's. There is no hard figure one can tell you, as "you" have to experiment what is best for "you" based on weight of vehicle, gearing, tire size, elevation, driving habits etc etc.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. Once I get it road worthy I will put some time behind the wheel and provide more results. The feedback has been greatly appreciated to you on this forum. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts