Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would say hi, and introduce myself..... I am just getting started on a 4bt project, and started looking for some info, and thankfully ran across this place. I am taking my 88 yj and turning it into a smoke belching 1/4 mile machine. I have a 4bt on the way with a 400 tranny, sending off a 9in to get narrowed for the rear, already have all the NOS I need, and running a 2wd front axle out of a mail jeep. I curently have a 06 dodge 1ton with a downloader but dont want to go as crazy as I did on my 02. I realy like the forum so far, and look forward to spending lots of late nights reading for a while...LOL I will be driving the jeep alittle on the road, but mostly its gonna be built to race. A friend of mine is going for the quickest 1ton commonrail right now (11.9s so far), and I cant let him have all the fun! He laid down 846hp and shut down the machine at 1500lbs over the weekend in texas. I was racing the truck in my avatar last year, but put the rockwells back under it to rockcrawl again (kept the charger and 175 shot on it). Well, thats about it..... I hope you guys are ready for some questions, because I have a bunch of em..LOL :hillbilly:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
because I just dont know anybetter

:D Hi Darylb, I will be the first to say that I love things that are different and get attention. From my last dully running on 22.5s to the buggy in my avatar thats a nissan with rockwells supercharged 302, with a 175 shot (thats a 80ft jump at little sahara), and the snomobile that I race in the mud/sand drags. I already have the jeep, and dont want to try to play that hard with my 06 dodge. I do have a willys out back, but just think it will be less work to do the 88yj. Now I do have a 51 ford 2 door.....Naw thats just crazy..LOL Oh im sure that im going to have some fun keepin it strait, but thats half the fun. And Im sure it will get some looks when I dyno it at the next event. Im sure that I will help my bizz in the long run with parts that I will come up with. anyway nice talking to ya.....gotta get back to readin posts to try to get a handle of what im going to do once the motor gets here. Later guys!!!
EDIT: I did have a ranger with a 302 that I loved...wish I still had it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts