Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i have a rebuilt big block ZF from a 460 and i have the adapter from Destroked. Now im having trouble figuring out what flywheel and clutch i need. Destroked had me call Autoworld and they said they can get the kit for me from Southbend so i called Southbend to see if there is a dealer in my area i can pick it up from and they told me what i have cant fit a Dodge flywheel or clutch because they say the 460 big block ZF can't hold a 13" clutch. SO has anyone out there done this set up and what did they use people do this with small block tranny's so i don't see a reason the big block wont work.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok so basically what happened is who ever at southbend spoke with me is not familiar with what i was doing. and auto world called them and said you need to talk to a specific guy. auto world got the kit for me its a zero balanced flywheel and a clutch from a ford

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
OK, I might be of some help there. You need the NV4500 flywheel and a Ford clutch set that fits it. I have the setup for the 7.3 transmission which is essentially the same. I bought my kit from the guys at Valair. They installed the correct ball bearing in the flywheel and provided a Ford clutch to match. They were about $400 cheaper than Southbend. Might give them a call.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts