Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is were I need help.. in my crash I lost a bookmark i think on this forum.. but it could be anywhere.. it was a guy talking about upgrading the number of clutches in his 47RH/RE transmission using a chevy plates in spots.. I'd love to find the thread and so far my searches have me reading lots but not the thread i lost.. if you use certain chevy reaction plates in certain spots you can increase the number of clutches in certain packs.. and I can get the chevy steels from a friend.. if I know which ones and where to stick them.. If you know where I should stick it please let me know.. Thanks for any steer-in you may have..

·
Registered
135 Posts
There's a good write up on adding clutches on comp d.

The forward clutch is the only one I worry about. I have never used any chevy parts. You can use a part from the rear drum in the front drum to fit another clutch or two.

A 48re pump, transgo kit and line pressure about 150 @ 65 mph WOT will make a pretty good set up paired with a great torque converter. Oh, and a billet band strut or weld a brace on the stock strut.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a good write up on adding clutches on comp d.

The forward clutch is the only one I worry about. I have never used any chevy parts. You can use a part from the rear drum in the front drum to fit another clutch or two.

A 48re pump, transgo kit and line pressure about 150 @ 65 mph WOT will make a pretty good set up paired with a great torque converter. Oh, and a billet band strut or weld a brace on the stock strut.
Thanks for the Note.. I have a donor 47RE so I'll be able to mix and match.. but I'd sure like to know what caused the 47RH to have 3 hot spots on the 1st reaction plate. thanks for the steer in..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts