Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to swap in a diesel motor in my f150
i love these f150s only lifted lol this is second one first one ran great no issues at first one had idiot buy lift and put on it was junk so i got tired of replacing front end parts this one burns oil, metal coated magnet really bad then all around magnet (serviced trans) but has great lift i have bad luck i guess lol so what im wanting to do is pull the driveline sell it and put a diesel engine in the truck

2000 f150 4x4 4.6 triton
------------------------
-6" Fabtech lift kit
-35" tires
-burns 3/4 quart in 4-5 days i drive 35 miles a day or so
-trans has excessive wear
-rearend was bad when i got it didnt relize thought needed u joint (spyder gears were bad)125.00

I love this truck its getting a makeover its going to be nice i bought this off my future wifes cousin while on vacation with gf and her family and love it sucks all this stuff will eventually need fixed so i figured project is due can anyone help with options keep in mind telll me all i will need as im new to diesels but learn quick and already a motor head ive been wanting a diesel for awhile i do have some knowledge of sme of my options just need someone to run it by me i want a good reliable lightest diesel engine i can get that has good 4x4 i have the tools ill need and if not someone who does along with some help doing it but the more the better i provide the beer lol

·
Registered
667 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts