Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finshed my 4bt to tj jeep wrangler swap. Took it for its first test drive and I seem to be missing power. It does not even feel like it has that power of what it was in the truck. I noticed a wire from the pump to the block. also there is another wire coming from the block and it is going to nothing. Can some one give me some advise.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I just finshed my 4bt to tj jeep wrangler swap. Took it for its first test drive and I seem to be missing power. It does not even feel like it has that power of what it was in the truck. I noticed a wire from the pump to the block. also there is another wire coming from the block and it is going to nothing. Can some one give me some advise.
Try to give more info * wire from block going to nothing *
Give us more detailed info what waht going on ,your set up .

Scott

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
That wax motor KSB effects timing, so it could relate to a loss of power. However I think it retards timing after startup when connected, so it should increase power disconnected.

Possibly your injection pump is in retraded timing? Are there any alignment hash marks visible? Also, are your fuel lines of a large enough diameter with no restrictions? New fuel filter?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Missing power compared to what? The stock jeep's old gas motor? Or do you mean that the 4bt had been driven and felt fine in the past but now the 4bt has lost power suddenly?

·
Registered
220 Posts
That wax motor KSB effects timing, so it could relate to a loss of power. However I think it retards timing after startup when connected, so it should increase power disconnected.

Possibly your injection pump is in retraded timing? Are there any alignment hash marks visible? Also, are your fuel lines of a large enough diameter with no restrictions? New fuel filter?
The KSB advances timing when power is applied.
Bob B.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Thanks, Bob B.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts