Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Men and woman of the 4btswaps. I have a 1990 6AT that I got out of a row behind compressor. I have plans to install this in my 1930 Buick. My problem is I can't find a transmission that will bolt up to is. The house in on the back of the engine is 5 inches wide because of the lovejoy that connected it to the compressor pump. Will a 4bt housing bolt to a 6AT ? I would also like it to be a sitck if you know what parts I need or where I can find them or an automatic. Whatever my options are. I called Cummins and unless im using it in an OEM application they can't help.

thank you all as I am excited to hear from the real engineers

· Premium Member
1,178 Posts
First off you need to indentify what flywheel housing that is. Being industrial there is a good chance it is SAE.
A pic or two may help us decifer wht you have.
Font Watch Rectangle Parallel Number

· Registered
13,454 Posts
If your engine has a serial number I can look it up an see what the factory specs were. The 6AT had some use as a road engine. The primary use was industrial. It is the same engine as an Onan L634T-A which Cummins renamed the 6AT. Main issue with the A series is getting parts. There is literally no aftermarket support for those engines so the only source is Cummins who has owned Onan since 1992. Some parts are virtually unobtainable. It is basically an obsolete engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts