Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my buddies 4bt conversion. Its an '82 Chevrolet stepside that once had a small block 400. Its now equiped with a 4bt/Getrag 5 speed/Dana 300. It runs like a top, weve been in it all week. The 4bt has POD's, govspring and some pump tweakage and it pushes that Chevy no prob (6500#). Its got a 14bolt ff rear, and a 60 front with 4:56's. Hope yall enjoy. :beer:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Very cool! Has the 6500 lb weight (empty?) been verified? What kind of MPG has he been getting?
Thanks,
Mikel

·
Registered
329 Posts
wheels

Are those recentered hummer rims I spy? Did you recenter them or did you send them out?

Looks good

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He had them done here in Texas. The guy did a great job, its nothing like USA6X6 but they are well done and real thick.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice Truck! Looks like it needs to run Baja. No firsthand knowledge, but I've heard to be careful running radials on 8 bolt Hummer wheels.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah weve heard all the stories. He and I have ran radials on those rims for a long time and havnt had any problems. We may be pushing our luck, but so far so good.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think that's the rig I want to build! (Only I'll keep the 1/2 ton running gear.)

What are your fuel economy numbers on this?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heres the bummer, on the way to Texas his odometer broke. By guessing at it we think its in the mid 20's. The weight is right, its got half of another vehicle in the back. Its like a rolling parts house.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts