Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guessing that most on here have figured out how to change the passenger, side front axle seal on '95 cummins 4x4. I'll post it up anyhow:idea:

The passenger side axle seal started leaking( more like a small river) Anyhow, the write up i found, said you had to pull both axles and the 3rd member to replace the passenger side seal.:eek::eek: to the best of my knowledge, there is no tool to made to replace the passenger side seal with out pulling the both axles and 3rd member.:puke: Here's the little beauty that I made for 8$.

It's made out of 1/2"x36" thread stock, 5 nuts,4 1 1/2" fender washers,1 Big washer, 2 1/8" diameter disk out of 3/16"plate, 1 1/4" 3/4"drive socket and , 1 3/4" 1"drive socket.

Here's a link to the album that has more pictures.http://s985.photobucket.com/albums/ae333/jmstrickland3/axle seal tool/

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Thanks for posting that! I think that's just the kind of thing Andre' had in mind when starting this forum: give a neighbor a helping hand!

Read one article by a supposed mechanic who ended up spending about $2,600 to have his CTD front axle seals 'fixed'. Looks like all he really needed was your tool, and some 'outside the box' thinking!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts