Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I'm in the process of planning and saving to drop a 4bt into my 1995 F150. I think I've got everything fiqured out except for two things: (1) Will a 4bt fit under the stock hood, or will I need to run a cowled hood for it to fit? (2) I'm planning on using the stock in-tank fuel pump for a lift pump, so my understanding is that the fuel pressure will need to be stepped down before the injector pump. Should I use a fuel pressure regulator or set up a return line from the injector pump back to fuel tank. Thanks for the advice, guys!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
It will fit if you use the right mounts. There were posts about that yesterday. There have been quite a few posts about intank pumps as well. Make sure you remove the fuel sock on the pickup tube. I would recommend using a 3-port regulator and return the fuel to the tank (for cooling).

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
IIRC the 95 F150 HD is the same body as a 92-97 F250-F350. But the F150 LD is not. So if you have the HD version it will fit, because I know a 6bt Cummins will into the 92-97 F350.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the type of regulator and fuel system that I was planning on using, so thanks. I'd read the other fuel-system threads, but thought it be better safe then sorry.

I'm pretty sure mine is an HD. It has twin shocks for each front wheel, is an XLT, and has the Off-Road package. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Again, thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts