Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello again, I am trying to find info on hooking up the crank sensor to the tach.. I have looked and sorry if it is right under my nose but any help would be amazing...
crank and tone ring kit to a stock gas chevy gauge cluster. I am running this Alternator and do not want to hack into it if possible, lifetime warranty issues with cutting it up. http://www.paperformance.com/136a-denso-style-alternator-5-9-cummins-1-wire-2227se/ ............thank you

·
Registered
11,262 Posts
Did the factory tach read off the alternator or some other place? Regardless, you'll probably need a device like the Dakota Digital interface to get the signal your tach needs, whether the signal comes from a tone ring on the crank or the alternator. Dakota also had sensors that read off the flywheel out back. The transmission adapter plates often have a port that is plugged that can be used for that option. You may need access to a hand held light tach so you can adjust the interface to get the correct reading at the dash. Didn't notice whether your new alternator has a tach output port.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts