Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've been working this out for 6 or 8 months and I'm far enough along to show what going on. I'm putting my 4BT into a 1930 Ford Model A Tudor. I know most of you are into trucks and off roading, but I have always been a hot rod guy.
I like to not build belly button cars and I think this one fits the bill. I plan torun it on bio as much as I can.
The trans is a M5R2 and the rrear is a 9" ford.
The body has been chopped 4" and I made my own 2 link, or "Nascar" style rear suspension out of 3" I-beam.
Here is a couple pictures. Susprisingly, all the pieces fit into this small car very well. With a little tweeking of the alternator mount, it looks like the stock hood is going to fit. This car will have full fenders and running boards.

Starting point:

Rear set up:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Model A

Let me know if I can help, helped a guy in Eastern Iowa with a 30 sedan and have one in my 28 Roadster... Good job and good luck... Steve

·
Premium Member
1989 Jeep Wagoneer, 360v8, 727, stock for now,
2,670 Posts
I Like it!
Keep up on the pics.

·
Registered
244 Posts
there is a guy running around with something similar on youtube. got to be the coolest thing on earth. i would love to do a model t truck or something similar

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
VERY VERY cool.....

I'm starting to think that the next gen of 'old hot rod's' may be diesel oriented...... way to think outside the box and let me know if you ever need an old school tow.

(Boy my truck hauling that car would be a picture n' a half) Pre-war 4BT's.... (I know i know.... it says 1947 but my flathead and chassis were actually produced somewhere in early 1942 and sat on the shelf for 5 years....) War production surplus basically from Ford in 1945-1947

·
Registered
233 Posts
cool I like the big wrench rear bumper on the truck Are you planinng to pait or rat rod it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
What are the motor mounts your using? where did you get them? price? I'm getting ready to get my swap started, just collecting the last few parts.
Brian

·
Registered
79 Posts
This is my kinda build-up! bounce :grinpimp:

It gives me inspiration to get moving on my 25 Dodge:

Although I think I'm gonna go electric with it. Mainly because it would really be a kick, but also because something like this isn't a car you could drive daily for long before some jackass steals it. And if I want to go back to fuel engines, it will probably get a Benzo diesel from my 240D, and I'll drop a 5cyl diesel into my car from a 300D. (It could use a little extra push.)

Anyway, the hardest part is finding a set of windshield posts for it, so far. I've thought about the aftermarket ones, but I want the original style. It looks too much like a turtle-deck T otherwise. Once I get that I'll go after some fenders. If I can't find any I can still run it, but I really need a windshield.

I also want to know more about is the pick-up. I don't recognize that grille.

Great build-up BTW. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I also want to know more about is the pick-up. I don't recognize that grille.

Great build-up BTW. Keep us posted![/QUOTE]

It is a tractor grill not shure on year or make though

1 - 20 of 97 Posts