Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know what went for what . It is easy if I had a bid in but I could not be bothered with Van Washington because the prices are getting silly .
I was going to bid on the one in Nevada but could not reach the contact person , so I took a pass on it too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
summary from our area

sh*t went high IMO:(

this is a few minutes prior to the end of bid and does not include their auction fees of 16% and whatever else.

Lot Description Location Price Closes

28 Grumman American 15 KURBMASTER 1980 Grumman 15 Foot Route Truck

Pueblo, CO US$ 2,750.00 2 min

24 Grumman American 18 Foot Routestar 1987 Grumman Route Truck

Colorado Springs, CO US$ 2,276.00 2 min

32 Grumman American 18 ROUTE STAR 1986 18 Ft Grumman Route Truck
-------------
Fort Collins, CO US$ 3,551.00 < 1 min

30 Grumman American 15 Kurbmaster 1983 15 Foot Grumman
--------------
Pueblo, CO US$ 2,550.00 2 min

29 Grumman American 18 Foot Routestar 1988 Grumman Route Truck
----------------
Colorado Springs, CO US$ 2,650.00 3 min

41 Grumman American 18 Foot Routestar 1986 Grumman Route Truck
-----------------
Colorado Springs, CO US$ 2,330.00 4 min

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
A quick easy method is to bookmark each sale of interest in a common folder during the auction. Then delete the folder when you no longer want it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
And just think, those prices are less the 16% fee they charge at the end of the auction. I was pissed when I found that out after winning one.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Dove bid

Lot # 67, The one in Van. Wa. went for 4005.00. Left me in the dust way before that. They must have wanted to use it as is. WOW

·
Registered
57 Posts
Lot # 67, The one in Van. Wa. went for 4005.00. Left me in the dust way before that. They must have wanted to use it as is. WOW
Hey, that's not bad comparied to Lot # 52, in Brisbane, CA. 5,200.01 and it had accident dammage to the side of it. You can't get a cheap 4bt out in California.
So just for fun all you guys who watch the sales should watch any sales in CA. Who thinks it will hit 6K next time around? I do, it was at 3.5K sale before last and now is up to 5K, so why not 6K next time around!

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
We have now reached the price plateau where it is now getting more economically feasible install a replacement 6.2 diesel in the chassis and advertise it in the truck trader than scrap it. These vans are now bringing $3,000 and up on EPay and the truck trader depending on their driveability factor. So in effect you buy the van and trade the value of the replacement 6.2 for the 4BT. Of course this could again change if scrap aluminum goes up to a dollar per pound.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Going along with what BobS said, many of these vans can go for 3 grand if you stick a GM 350 in them after you pull the Cummins. Lot of work, but you can recoup your losses. Not everybody is wise to Cummins 4BT's and some are afraid of diesels and want to stick with the gas guzzler they at least understand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts