Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I'm thinking the gate on the 30 is open too much to keep it powered properly as well, might try limiting it's total travel.
Just gotta see how to best do that!
I bet tho it's gonna raise egt's as partially closing the gate will restrict exhaust flow. Just a guess tho

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I woul
Just gotta see how to best do that!
I bet tho it's gonna raise egt's as partially closing the gate will restrict exhaust flow. Just a guess tho
I'd want to limit it's opening just enough to keep the 30's turbine to have enough power to keep compressing what the 35 feeds it, so a stop can easily be made that bolts to the bolts that attach the waste gate to the exhaust housing. Drill and tap for a stop screw and start with it just limiting the gate from fully opening by 1/16" at a time till it starts to affect things, I'd think that if this is gonna have a real impact you will be somewhere around 1/3 to 1/2 of full gate travel.

Reactions: Thegreengoblin

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Dealing with some power steering issues in trying to sort out first here. Hopefully I can get her out for some more tuning soon.

·
Registered
11,996 Posts
How are your getting 30 PSI boost on the primary? That's virtually impossible. Where is the boost actuator hose attached? It should either be on the compressor housing or elbow.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
How are your getting 30 PSI boost on the primary? That's virtually impossible. Where is the boost actuator hose attached? It should either be on the compressor housing or elbow.
Yes 30 psi on the low pressure turbo. Manifold pressure and intermediate pipe psi is just about the same. Give or take a few psi.
The boost line is attached to the elbow on the compressor housing.
I don't see how that's virtually impossible. If the high pressure turbo gate is all the way open it ain't doing nothing and the low pressure is doing all the work. It's just a poor balance.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts