Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a rebuild kit for the HY30 turbo. I had a note that said Midwest Turbo Connection had them but appears they are out of business. I have tried calling around with no luck. Anyone have any contacts that may be able to supply one?
This is on a ISB170 and would like to just use what came with it.

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
This may not be so difficult. The HY30W uses repair kit 3575205 which happens to be the same kit as the HX30W. You can find those on ebay and lots of other places priced all over the board. Took a few minutes to dig that up because no kit was shown for an HY30W but then I found it. Here's a link to a site that shows all the parts for that turbo which might be of use. Freightliner Truck Cummins ISB 4 B Series Engine 4025228 3596283 NEW HY30W Turbo

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course another question. Do anyone know of a good source for parts for the ISB170? I just wanted to order a few gaskets and the couple of sources I found wanted at least $50 for shipping. That seems a little crazy but I do not believe they stocked the parts and wanted to cover shipping for them as well.

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
Do you happen to have the serial number of your engine. I can look on Quick Serve and see if there is a part number for a gasket kit. Some of the serial numbers I have checked came up with no gasket kit available which seems weird. They list a head gasket but no lower kit. There seems to be a couple model numbers on the ISB. One is the ISBE CM800.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not looking for a full gasket kit. I have been using quick serve to get P/Ns. These are ones I was looking to order.
Is it OK to post the S/N or should I PM?

4895742 Oil filter housing gasket inner
4896409 Oil filter housing gasket outer
4897877 Oil pan gasket
3906698 Water pump gasket
3906697 Water inlet gasket (2)
3954829 Water outlet gasket
3967192 Thermostat
4899228 valve cover gasket

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
On the gaskets, it probably depends on whether you want OEM Cummins or aftermarket. For example, the pair of oil filter gaskets can be had for around $30-35 while the OEM may be near double that. The oil pan gasket may now be 4939246 which is around $78. See the water pump gasket anywhere from $6 to $49. Water inlet gasket from $8-20 and those are OEM. Same deal on the outlet gasket. Thermostat around $60 and valve cover gasket in the $20-30 range. I just scanned ebay and found all these. Some of these you might pick up at your local auto parts store because they may be the same as the ISB 5.9/6.7 in the Dodge. Probably the odd ones are the oil pan and valve cover. These things are also found on Case equipment. The company AGKits probably has most all of them. They sell the oil pan gasket for $29.89. Might check their site for all of them. Fiat N45 Diesel Oil Pan Gasket, 4897877

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks char1355. That kit worked well. The only piece that was different was the thrust bearing. The pin alignment holes did not line up. The one I had looks to be OK. All the other bearing and parts worked out fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts