Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there are a lot of people looking for fluid filled motor mounts, I also know the original ones from the bread vans are getting hard to find. I purchased a set of fluid filled mounts for a Volvo 940, and I think you would be hard pressed to tell them from a P30 original. They are very nearly the same size, shape, and even come with a grounding strap to link the top and bottom stud. They can be found at most auto parts stores, or ebay for about $70 for a pair.

**I haven't actually used them yet, but will have them in my truck in a few weeks

940 8v & Turbo - '91 to '95
760 Turbo - '85 to '90
780 Turbo - '89 to '91
740 Turbo and non Turbo - '85 to '93

These cars are 4cyl and 6cyl

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Craig, thanks for sharing the info. I was down at the auto parts place this morning looking through the catalogs. I had a set of 1991 Dodge 5.9 mounts ordered just to take a look at them..... they are only $18.99 but they are just thin rubber mounts. Not much insulation value there. I guess I'll call in the AM and order a set of those Volvos to see what they look like. I haven't had the P30's in my hand so I won't know exactly how they compare. -wingnut13

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just a quick FYI... those turned out to be _really_ soft for my 4BT. The motor can be moved by hand, nearly an inch side to side. Too soft I think.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
weight of the 4BT versus the 4 cyl Volvo motors is probably 300-400 lbs more I hate to say.. They do look nice though...

·
Registered
126 Posts
You can double up on the mounts. 2 per side mounted to a common plate.

Much more fatigue resistance that way too.

How about the rear mount at the TC- anyone into isolating that one as well?

George

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Yes that would work great, good idea..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts