Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The number of vehicles that are up for auction has dropped off, way off . For awhile there you would see 4 to 7 pages now we see 2 or 3 and forklifts and other odds and sods seem tobe slipping in .
So are the vans getting disposed of in an alternative manner? Sure is starting to look that way .

Bruce

Perhaps there is no pattern at all oif you look at all of Dovebids auctions but that is not my impression.

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I talked to a fleet manager at frito lay he said that there was some major changes going on and one of them was they were no longer keeping their vehicles longer than 10 years. In the past they kept them for at least 2 decades. He also said that this summer he would be selling off some later model vans with the 4bt/allison combo at his location. He was sad to see them go.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More coming ?

I sure hope so . I am geting to that point where something has to give . I am hoping to have the chassis totaly squared away in the next 6 weeks . Basically I want it rolling and ready for the 4bta . I am considering cross steering but can not go that way without having the motor installed first .
What we need to watch for is if Frito finds another avenue for disposal we need to know about it first .

Bruce

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
What we need to watch for is if Frito finds another avenue for disposal we need to know about it first .

Bruce
I know one of the local Fritos mechanics. Before DoveBid came into play a typical van was selling locally for $750 to $1000. I had an offer in at that time during the transition to DoveBid to buy five at $1250 each. The offer was rejected by Corporate Headquarters in Texas. DoveBid now averages 50% more value to Fritos than what they were getting through local sales plus they do it at no cost to Frito Lay. The bidder pay all the fees involved. It would be unlikely Frito would dump a gold mine that has world wide advertising at no cost to them to incorporate a new method of sales.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Yes I have been buying and trying to buy the Frito vans for a long time, before they started doing dovebid. I have tried also, they will only sell via dovebid now. Anyway, word I have heard is that this year they will start selling off a slew of the their 4BTA modeled ones, my guess is those are probably autos as that is what I got with my 4BTA...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts