Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I was cruising the classifieds and I came across a 3.3 BT. I texted the owner and he said it was a low hours wood chipper engine that he planned to swap into a truck and never did. It's a complete engine for $500 which I believe is pretty cheap. I have a 1994 Ford Ranger 4x4 reg cab 5-speed that I would love to put this in. I understand that Phoenix makes adapters for these engines? Also, has anybody had any experience driving down the highway with this engine? Can it be easily tuned to around 110-120hp? I know more about the 3.9, and not so much about the 3.3. I have used this forum and searched some, but there isn't as much material on the 3.3. Any input is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Yes Phoenix does make adapters, SAE to sb ford, so the M5R1 trans won't bolt up. You can swap the F150 M5R2 trans (M5R1's big brother) in but will require some mod's. I don't have any experience with the motor but others have with success. Sounds like a smoking deal!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have one in my jeep Comanche. Has a jeep 5 speed and 3.73 gears. All stock. Mine tops out at 76 mph at 2690 rpms. But it'll spin tires thru 4th gear. Torquey. I used a Phoenix adapter. They're very good and nice to work with.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts