Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Dear forum users! I am writing to you from Russia.! Do not worry, no one will bomb you and there will not be any American statements!))) I write as a fan of American cars, and for a very long time I watched your correspondences and advice about Cummins 4BT. I somehow met this engine at my job and was very surprised as it stood on an alternator that worked in the sand and in the water! I was just shocked by this engine, and I kept thinking about this engine, and not put it on my car! At the moment I saw that he gets up on the video! How he polishes the wheels until complete combustion and explosion of the wheels, how he accelerates in 8 seconds, and most importantly he rejoices in those conditions that are suitable for me! ..... But there is one thing but! We do not have them in Russia!
1) Help to build a reliable car: cammin’s 4bt engine, 5-speed manual transmission, and Atlas2 transfer case.
2) How much will it cost me for the money, and what documents can be made on this engine so that there is 105 horsepower and I would like to have 205 horsepower!))

Thanks for the recommendations and feedback!

·
Registered
11,038 Posts
Igor, welcome to the forum. You may be our first person for Russia, but we have people all over the world. Finding a 4bt may prove difficult for you. There are some in Europe but not too many. They are still being made in China. May be possible to get one there. There may be other options. There is a more modern Cummins model ISBe 4.5 that is found in Europe. We don't have that one here in the USA. That engine comes in a 210 HP model which is used in trucks and buses. It is totally computer controlled so that may or may not be to your liking. The straight 4bt is pure mechanical. Sometimes a bit difficult to interface with newer vehicles with computers, but it can be done. It does not take a lot to get a 4bt to the 200 HP area. You may have to decide what to do about the transmission or axles. A 200 HP 4bt has 500 lb ft of torque. If you are not reckless with it, the vehicle might do alright. Play hard and the axles may break and the transmission may die. I guess your first task would be find an engine. There is an even newer Cummins engine available. The R2.8 is very modern. Might look at the specifications on one of those. They are not cheap.

·
Registered
178 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts