Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to modify the stall speed of a torque converter to work with the 4bt, or do I have to buy a whole new torque converter? Furthermore, getting the converter to bolt up is simply a matter of drilling the flex plate and having it balanced right?

·
Registered
500 Posts
You really need a lower stall speed for a diesel, a stock gasser TC will usually be too high. Most of the time that means buying a new TC. I'd recommend any change you make be on the TC side, not on the flexplate, due to balancing issues.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is it possible to modify the stall speed of a torque converter to work with the 4bt, or do I have to buy a whole new torque converter? Furthermore, getting the converter to bolt up is simply a matter of drilling the flex plate and having it balanced right?
You can take the flex plate and converter to any torque converter rebuilder worth their salt and they can weld the attaching plates to the converter to match the flexplate and balance it all in one shot. Might even want to have it rebuilt while your at it. Its been many years since I had any dealing with them but try RPM merit.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had the same question so I bought one from BD Power for a Dodge truck:dustin: .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts